Spring 2024 Closing Information

Housing closes at noon on Saturday, May 11, 2024. 

All residents must fully vacate their room/suite/apartment by this time, and no late departures for Spring 2024 will be granted.

  • Only students who have signed up and been approved to live on campus as part of Summer Housing are granted the ability to remain in their assignment past this time.

Mail and Packages

Open All Tabs
  • Stanford, Mahoney, Pearson, Eaton, and Lakeside Village

    Students must retrieve all mail and packages from The UPS Store prior to leaving campus. The UPS Store will stop receiving packages for Spring 2024 upon your check out from campus housing and no later than Saturday, May 11, 2024.

    Update your mailing address for any subscriptions or scheduled deliveries. Throughout the summer, The UPS Store will only accept mail/packages for residents with a summer assignment. Mail and packages delivered to The UPS Store for non-summer residents (even those with a Fall 2024 assignment) will be returned to the sender. 

    The UPS Store will begin accepting mail and packages for Fall 2024 students during the first week of August. Further information about mail and packages will be released over the course of the summer, including a specific date for Fall 2024 mail and packages to begin arriving.

  • University Village

    Students must retrieve all mail and packages from the University Village front desk/mailroom prior to leaving campus. Please empty your mailbox and confirm with the UV front desk that you do not have any packages to be picked up.

    Update your mailing address for any subscriptions or scheduled deliveries. Any mail or packages received for students not living in summer housing will be returned to the sender.

Preferred Summer Storage at The UPS Store

HRL does not provide storage for student belongings, but there are multiple local options available for students who would like to store personal items off campus.

The UPS Store at Lakeside Village is Housing and Residential Life’s preferred summer storage vendor. Stop by the store to speak with a staff member or review their summer storage options.

How to Leave Your Room

Before Leaving Your Room

  • You can sign out a cart at the reception desk for up to two hours.
  • Close all blinds, turn off lights, and leave the air conditioning on low (or 72° where applicable)
  • Roll up unwanted rugs/carpets and leave in the center of the room; do notplace in trash chutes, hallways, or trash rooms.
  • Bag all trash and leave it in the center of the room or take it to a dumpster; do notleave trash or large items beside trashcans, in hallways, or lounges; trash bags will be available at the front desk for your use.
  • Clean your individual room and/or bathroom, including shared spaces within suites and apartments; all residents in apartment or suite-style housing are responsible for the cleanliness of the shared spaces, no matter who checks out first, last, etc.
  • With the exception of University-provided appliances in kitchens, unplug and remove all appliances; empty and defrost mini-refrigerators at least one day in advance.
  • All University-owned furniture must be present during check out or you will be charged for replacement.
  • Close and secure your door.

After Leaving Your Room

  • Return any temporary access cards to the area reception desk.
  • Check out once all items have been removed by using the contactless Express Checkoutprocess via the On-Campus Housing Portal . You can also check out via your area's reception desk.

Donate Unwanted Items to Goodwill

Goodwill Industries South Florida will place donation collection trailers outside of each residential area and will accept donations from April 29 through May 14. Residents should not leave items at the drop off locations outside of this timeframe.

Learn about ways to "Green Your Move-Out" from Green U.

Penalties and Fines

Penalties will be enforced if students do not vacate their respective residential college or apartment area by the designated times.

For a complete listing of fines & charges students should visit the charges section of the Guide to Living on Campus.

Summer 2024 Housing

Housing is available for UM students who want to live on campus during the summer months on a space-available basis, with priority given to current on-campus residents and international students.

The application will be available in the Housing Portal in early April. More details can be found on our website.