Apply for Summer Housing

On-campus housing is available for UM students who want to live on campus during the summer months. Students must apply for summer housing via the "UM Housing" link on CaneLink for either the University Village (must have 60+ credits to move in) or a residential college room (single or double occupancy).

Summer Rates for UM Students

Students must apply for summer housing by May 1 on CaneLink, and a $500 prepayment (credit card only) is required for each session. Students who do not sign up by May 1 will be charged a $100 late application fee.

Summer 2019 Dates

Summer A

  • Begins: May 19 at 8 a.m. (Mahoney Residential College)
  • Ends: June 29 by noon

Summer B

  • Begins: June 30 at 8 a.m. (Mahoney Residential College)
  • Ends: August 10 by noon

Summer C

  • Begins: May 19 at 8 a.m. (Mahoney Residential College) or 9 a.m. (UV Building 6)
  • Ends: August 10 by noon

For more specific questions about summer housing sign-up, residents should contact the Assignments Staff in the Housing and Residential Life Office at 305-284-4505 or through e-mail via

Summer 2019 Intersession

Summer housing officially closes on August 10, and Fall housing for continuing students opens August 15. If you are planning to live in on-campus housing for the intersession period of August 10-15, you must visit the HRL office located in Eaton Residential College to complete the intersession application.

There is no charge for the summer-to-fall intersession period if your application is completed by July 31. You will be charged $100 to your student account if your application is submitted after July 31.

Students must be residing in Summer B or Summer C housing and have a valid Fall 2019 assignment to be eligible for intersession housing. Furthermore, all intersession residents must be prepared to move into their Fall 2019 assignment on Saturday, August 10 between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m.

All student-athletes in Summer housing must reach out to the Athletics Compliance Office to determine if you are eligible for intersession housing or if your last day in summer housing is August 10.

Summer Intern Housing

Summer Intern Housing is available to undergraduate or graduate students who are currently enrolled at their home institution (or will be enrolled for the upcoming fall semester) and are seeking summer housing for an internship or summer program. A qualifying internship can be paid, unpaid, for credit or not-for-credit. A qualifying summer program needs to be sponsored by the applicant’s institution of current enrollment, and demonstrate a significant professional or educational experience for the participant.

Summer Intern Housing